Again this week, I had the pleasure of joining the podcast for the full show with Woot out of action, and we run through our predictions as well as the cruncher's opinion on Wye's picks. It's a strange week, with only the one really high total, and an average around the 42 mark of 5 years ago. What does that mean for our DFS teams? Well, it makes the WR position mighty tricky..
NFL Crib Notes
This week we have a $17.5k at Draftstars, and are down to $5k at Moneyball with the NBA now in full swing. Here are some quick notes on the games ahead:
- QB: Brees (21), Hundley (19.5), Ryan (18) & Prescott (21.2) are my top options at DS, while Hundley is still the standout option at MB with a $6500 salary. Wye liked Jared Goff, whose recent form definitely suggests he's improving. Game has a 45 total, and Rams -11, so cruncher is probably a little low on him. He's pretty pricy at Draftstars though, and would need to be scoring 23-24 to make my first choice teams.
- RB: Ingram (17.9), Demarco Murray (14.9, querstionable), Freeman (18.3, questionable) & Petersen (15.5) are my top 4 options at Draftstars, mostly big spending with Murray as the bolter. Melvin Gordon (17.9), Ingram (17.9), McCoy (18.1), and Elliot (18.8, court hearing!) are also wrothy of consideration. It's very similar at MB, though add Jordan Howard (14.5) to the fray -- and if you're playing both sites then Moneyball is the palce to use him. Orleans Darkwa was a roughie from Wye who warrants further attention, while Leonard Fournette is one who will get upgraded when the models fully update to ~18 points and finds himself in a good spot this week.
- WR: Jones (18.1, questionable), Adams (15.4), Bryant (16), Hilton (14.3), Hogan (13.1), Thomas (15.8), and Allen (14.7) make up the Draftstars shortlist, though there's about 15 other names that aren't very far away. It's very similar at MB this week with Jones/Adams seeming to be the premium pairing on both sites if you can afford them. Adams/Hundley is a strong combo, but could figure to have high ownership. Wye likes Tate or Jones vs Cleveland and I like the logic, but the problem is finding which of them will take advantage -- could split them in a multi entry strategy.
- TE: Reed gets close to 100% cruncher exposure at Draftstars, with Delanie Walker next in line; Jimmy Graham, Hunter Henry, and OJ Howard are other premium options. Reed and Delanie Walker are the strong options at Moneyball. Of Wye's Graham/Rudolph selections, Rudolph is my preferred pick for cash, though Gronk on a good week covers his additional salary easily (his average is distorted by a couple of lower single digit scores). Maybe Gronk in Tournaments, Rudolph in cash?
- DEF: Lions/Vikings/Texans/Jaguars/Dolphins. Wye likes the Bears - If you are playing Hundley then obviously skip this one!